Monday 14 January 2013

Anthology Launch!

It's here: the Deep Cuts Horror anthology. 19 short stories, and recommendations of dozens more, all intended to thrill, chill, and etc; it's a pretty hefty volume for the money. You can find a table of contents here, and the book itself is available from Amazon electronically, and will be available in paperback and from other venues imminently.

My contribution to this is titled "Practical Necromancy," in the 'mayhem' section of the book, though it is much more coherent than the drivel that I normally post here. The story is about three sisters as they deal with the aftermath of their parents' death by turning to work, love, and black magic. There is also defenestration. The original title was 'All Through the Night,' after a lullaby my dad used to sing. It contains the line 'I my loving vigil keeping all through the night,' which is ironic in the context of the story, but not everyone knows the song, so the title was changed.

I never expected that the first book in which my work would be featured would be a horror collection, but that doesn't mean I'm not thrilled. The piece was as difficult to write as any of the literary fiction I've done, but was still one of the most enjoyable pieces that I've written.

Edit: Oh look! It's also available from Amazon.co.uk! I was not expecting that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment