Thursday 2 April 2015

Front Row

So it turns out that the interview aired on March 31st, a few days before I thought it would - which is how life pretty typically happens to me. It can be found at BBC Radio 4, though I don't know how long it'll stay there. I can promise that at least 80% of what I say is the absolute truth. 

I was a bit surprised at how little of my accent seems to remain, and a bit dismayed at how young I sound. It's still a bit of a shock that my students listen to me at all, let alone make notes like they actually believe what I'm saying. 

So far most of the reviews and responses I've gotten about the book have been positive. Which is not, generally speaking, the sort of response that one receives, much less with a book that is so consistently grim. So I'm going to keep my head down and wait for the other shoe to fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment