Wednesday 10 April 2019

I aten't dead...


...just incredibly burnt out from the PhD and the consequences of completely neglecting my health during it. 

In my case 'burnt out' means 'wanting to do nothing but chew through books, hoarding information like a library-dwelling goblin.' Which is very fortunate, since I'm one of the Eccles Centre's writers at the British Library this year, and information-hoarding is exactly what I need to be doing. The project I'm working on is about the American Eugenics movement and involuntary sterilisation in the 20th century which, while being incredibly interesting from an information-hoarding goblin viewpoint, regularly leaves me speechless with grief. Every time I think I've found the nadir of human nature, it up and surprises me.

Given the gravity of the topics I'm exploring, I'm hesitant to write about them casually. The words will come in their own time, and until they do I'm content to just bear witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment