Monday 3 October 2016

A passing thought

Hitting 'send' on the email that gives the accountant my books for the tax year feels just as momentous as hitting 'send' on the email that gives my publisher a new book.

 It probably wouldn't feel like such a big deal if I kept my books up to date throughout the year and kept all of my expense documentation in one place, but I don't seem to have the personality that's capable of doing it - though I did resolve at the beginning of the year to not loose my receipts and seem to have more or less managed to do so for once. It would also probably be easier if I started compiling them earlier in the year, rather than thinking I'll get it done in the lazy days of summer that never seem to come.

Maybe when I'm finally finished with school and only have one job I'll finally get on top of it.




1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed you find the time to write such poetic prose, study and all else. Shine on. Many thanks. Pete.

    ReplyDelete