Tuesday 5 July 2016

Finished copies!

Look what came in the post!


Earlier than expected, more than expected, and bluer than expected

The Lauras doesn't come out until August (the 5th, the 11th, or the 8th, I'm not sure; the day keeps moving), but finished copies have already been printed and are being slung around to reviewers and non-reviewers alike. While The Shore  looked in proofs a lot like the finished copies, with this one the final books seem to have a bit of extra oomph to them. It could be that they're simply far more blue.  


Finished on the left, proof on the right.

The jacket pattern kinda reminds me of the way I draft nonfiction

I can't make pixels convey exactly how blue that flyleaf is. You'll just have to get a copy.

So, absolutely no more meddling: it is finished. I can't change it any more. And while I'm happy that it is - and still can't believe that I've managed to get not one, but two novels into print in the traditional fashion - I'm just a little nervous about how it will be received. More so, I think, than I was with The Shore. 

Guess all I can do is wait and see what people think. 

And maybe throw copies at naysayers. But I only have twelve copies, and I can think of nearly two dozen people who will want one. 

2 comments:

  1. p.s. happy belated independence day, from a fellow UK-based american expat

    ReplyDelete