Thursday 1 October 2015

A Henry moment

I went to go see Henry the other day for the first time since term broke up this past spring. This necessitated telling him about the book that will be published, which is, incidentally, the book that I got told off for working on when I was supposed to be working on the PhD book. But in between telling me off and seeing me again he's read a draft of the book that will be published and has essentially reversed his earlier ruling. And in so doing he came out with what I'm beginning to think of as a Henryism, which is a statement or two that is at once amusing, embarrassing, and surprisingly insightful:

"There is nothing wrong with a novel about gender and wanking."

And there is nothing that I could say to that, apart from dare him to send it in when he's solicited for a jacket quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment