Tuesday 16 October 2012

inbox candy!


Had the best of presents on my birthday the other week – offers from two different anthologies for two pieces! There’s still all the contract and editorial mess to get out of the way, but the first should come out at the beginning of November, and the second at the beginning of December. And so my summer of languishing quietly in the depths of illness without a “real job” is justified. The other two anthologies for which the contract mess has already been completed should also come out at that time, and since I’ve never done this before I’m keeping my head down and hoping that they don’t need anything else from me, as I’m not very tech adept at the best of times and school seems to turn me into a frantic Frances.

The other writers make me feel very out of my depth, as most of them appear to have finished school at only the best places quite a while ago and have moved on to teaching, moving, and shaking in the sort of places where Broadway plays and films noir are set. But my writing appears to suit, and no one’s thrown me out for being a foul impostor yet, so we shall see how all of this anthology-ing goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment